Belyakova Tat'yana Gennad'evna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodionov Mikhail Alekseevich, Doctor of pedagogical sciences, professor, head of sub-department of informatics and methods of informatics and mathematics teaching, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Sharapova Natal'ya Nikolaevna, Сandidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of informatics and methods of informatics and mathematics teaching, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Silkina Evgeniya Olegovna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. It is commonly known the studying of geometry causes many difficulties among school children. One of the causes of this situation is teacher’s insuffi cient attention to implementing the succession of preschool and elementary education. The hence-developed vacuum in development of geometrical conceptions is slowly filled afterwards with the necessary content impeding development of the integral system of geometric knowledge. In this connection the work is aimed developing a methodology ensuring the succession in children’s geometric conceptions development in the course of preschool and elementary education.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented through analyzing psychological, pedagogical, physiological and methodological literature, as well as preschool and school programs, textbooks, teaching aids. Besides, the authors observed the teaching process and took into account their personal experience, as well as the experience of educators and teachers of Penza’s schools.
Results. The authors have developed a complex of principles determining the content and structure of tasks together with the technique to work with them in the course of mathematics teaching to children of preschool and elementary school age from the point of view of the succession.
Conclusions. When teaching elements of geometry to both preschool and elementary school children, it is necessary to provide goal-directed correlation of tasks associated with different stages of geometry studying and subsequent actualization of developed knowledge and logical measures in order to ensure the succession in development of spatial imagination and geometric thinking (metric and topological conceptions) on the one hand, and mastering of certain knowledge about geometric figures on the other.
1. Beloshistaya A. V. Voprosy psikhologii [Psychological problems]. 2008, no. 6, pp. 39–45.
2. Komarova T. S. Izobrazitel'naya deyatel'nost' v detskom sadu: Programma i metodicheskie rekomendatsii: Dlya zanyatiy s det'mi 2–7 let [Pictorial and visual arts at kindergarten: Program and methodological recommendations: For exercises with children
of 2–7 years old]. Moscow: Mozaika-Sintez, 2008, 192 p.
3. Leushina A. M. Lichnost', obrazovanie i obshchestvo v Rossii v nachale XXI veka [Personality, education and society in Russia in the early XXI century]. Saint-Petersburg: LOIRO, 2001, 45 p.
4. Programma vospitaniya i obucheniya v detskom sadu [An educational and fostering program at kindergarten]. Ed. by M. A. Vasil'eva, V. V. Gerbova, T. S. Komarova. 3d ed., rev. and enl. Moscow: Mozaika-Sintez, 2005, 208 p.
5. Rodionov M. A., Akchurina E. Kh. Vestnik Severnogo (Arkticheskogo) universtiteta. Ser.: Gumanitarnye i sotsial'nye nauki [Bulletin of Northern (Arctic) University. Series: Humanities and social sciences]. 2008, no. 3, pp. 95–98.
6. Programma vospitaniya i obucheniya v detskom sadu «Formirovanie elementarnykh matematicheskikh predstavleniy v detskom sadu. Programma i metodicheskie rekomendatsii. Dlya zanyatiy s det'mi 2–7 let» [An educational and fostering program at kindergarten “Development of elementary mathematical conceptions at kindergarten. Program and methodological recommendations: For exercises with children of 2–7 years old”]. Ed. by M. A. Vasil'eva, V. V. Gerbovaya, T. S. Komarova. 4th ed., rev. and enl. Moscow: Mozaika-Sintez, 2006.
7. Rodionov M. A. Motivatsiya ucheniya matematike i puti ee formirovaniya [Motivation to studying mathematics and ways of development thereof]. Saransk: Mordovskiy gos. ped. in-t, 2001.
8. Peterson L. G. Matematika. 1 klass: uchebnik [Mathematics. 1st grade: textbook]. Moscow: Yuventa, 2012.